Design is the process of attacking problem. It is a general approach to addressing challenges.
- It has a goal/objective to promote a behavior or activity
- Human Centered
- The solution is for people (human)
- People will experience the system
- Balance of analytical and creativity
- Use heuristics and find patterns when data is not sufficient
- Abductive reasoning: inference from the best explanation
- Prototyping and playtesting
Gamification Design Framework
- DEFINE business objectives
- What is the system designed to accomplish?
- DELINEATE target behaviors
- What is it that you want people to do?
- DESCRIBE your players
- Understand who will be using the system, their preferences and how can the system respond to the different kinds of players available
- DEVISE activity loops
- Engagement and progression loops
- DON’T forget the fun
- The system should be fun for the players either consciously or unconsciously
- DEPLOY the appropriate tools
- Use the right elements and structures