Gamification can be used for social good.
- Unique challenges for gamification in the social good arena and some interesting opportunities or techniques that seem to work more effectively for these kinds of applications
- Valuable to see the range of applications in the world
- Inherent relatedness
- One of the 3 components of intrinsic motivation under Self Determination Theory
- Something involved that is bigger than the individual
- Making it meaningful for people to act on their own to engage in the activities
- Rewards for doing good?
- There exist danger that gamification puts a premium on doing things for the short term reward, leading to less beneficial activities
- Behavior change
- About people doing something they already want to do