A Coursera course by Kevin Werback, an Associate Professor of Legal Studies & Business Ethics from the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.
The course includes 6 weeks of video lectures, graded multiple choice homework, peer graded written project and a final exam.
This blog is created to share knowledge and information on Gamification based on the content of this online course that stretches from 1st April to 13th May 2013. I have also included some of my thoughts and comments as well. In addition, I believe this would be useful for revising for the Final Exam of the course.
- What is Gamification?
- Why it might be valuable?
- How to do it effectively?
- Specific applications
Why am I taking this course?
- The topic itself seems interesting enough for me to spend some time on the course
- Gamification has a great deal of non-game applications that could be useful in my future job or business.
- Concurrently, I’m taking another Coursera course, Leading Strategic Innovation in Organizations by David A. Owens, a Professor of the Practice of Engineering Management at Vanderbilt University in which my project team is working on an innovation that involves the Gamification technique.